So... we've thought of a few names for the babe. I'd like some input... but before I share them you have to keep in mind our last name is Jones and we are going to use Travis' middle name which is Yates. I don't like it at all! But it is a family name that Travis would like to carry on. It just really doesn't sound good with a lot of the names I have come up with so far. So... with that in mind... here we go!
#1 New Favorite
Brenden Yates Jones
(I haven't decided on spelling: Brenden, Brendon, or Brendan)
Travis and I were watching an episode of Criminal Minds the other night and at the end of it, credits started flashing across the screen. Now, I can honestly say that I NEVER read those names, but this time we were both reading them. A name came up with the last name Brendan. I think it was like Steven Brendan or something... Anyway, at the same time Travis and I both went Brendan Jones... huh? And I really liked it!
# 2 VERY Close Second
Chase Yates Jones
I love Chase Jones! LOVE IT! But it's one of the names that just sounds horrible with Yates. I keep telling myself, "Well... how often do you actually use your full name?" I mean, "Hi... I'm Chase Yates Jones." No. But at the same time... you know what I mean... And I hate the way I came up with it! Have you heard that stupid radio commercial for Chase Bank? The one with the mom calling her daughter and she goes, "Oh! I just got your message. You were kind of breaking up, but I heard the word new and Chase. You're dating someone new named Chase?" Blah Blah Blah. And the daughter says, "No, Chase is my new bank. I just opened up a new checking account." Anyway, it is SO annoying! But everytime it comes on I can't help but think of how much I like the name Chase.
# 3 Good, But Not Perfect
Porter Yates Jones
As in Porter Rockwell
Travis has this CD. I think it's called A Nashville Tribute to Joseph Smith. All of the songs are REALLY cheesy! But we enjoy listening to it while we get ready for church on Sundays. There's this one song that has been stuck in my head FOREVER!!! It's about Porter Rockwell. It says something like, "Hey now Porter, got an eye like an eagle, sworn to save the life of the prophet of the land." It's a silly song... but I kind of like the name.
Other options that have made and left the list:
Emmett, Deacon, Seth, Ethan, Jacob
5 comments:
To tell you the truth... nothing sounds good with Yates. That's the problem. I do like Brendan or Brandon.
You did say to be totally honest.
I'll love him no matter what you name him. He will still be as cute as ever.
Here are a few tosser names for you if you don't mind me doing so! First though I love the names so far you have chosen for firsts.... Yates isn't too bad if it's a middle the more I say it the more it grows.
1. Mykel it's Dylon's middle name and this is so different the way we spelled it.
2. Benjamin
sorry that's all I got I just went blank... Whatever you go with will be perfect.. Don't you just love picking a special name!
GL Hugs:)
A
Bree, I love all those names! Wow, if I ever get to have a boy . . . I will need your input on names, because I can never think of boys' names I like. Good thing Evie was a girl or else she still may be "Boy Poteet." haha! It really was fun to get to run into you and Travis again in Wal-mart for a minute. We would have gotten to chat longer if the people behind me weren't sighing and looking annoyed that I was taking up the lane! You look as cute as ever and Evie was happy to see you both as well! (she doesn't go to just anyone without some warming up!! :)
Post a Comment