Today Travis and I had our first "real" doctor's appointment. It was nice to get it over with. I gave them a urine sample and they drew some blood. Then we got to visit with Dr. Jeppson. While I went into the bathroom to get the urine sample, Travis went ahead and went into the room. When I was done, I walked into the room and he said, "Listen, Brianna... the song, they're playing it for us." There is music playing in all of the rooms and as I listened, I could hear, "Me and Mrs. Jones..." We thought it was really funny. We decided to take it as a sign that today was going to be a good day. I put the song on our blog, so everyone can hear what we were listening to.
Travis is such a nerd. He knew I had been pretty nervous for this appointment. I know that all women have to go through it, but I really really REALLY dread the idea of someone poking around in my private parts. And rubbing all over my hoots! Travis is the only one that's supposed to be allowed to touch those! Anyway... Travis was really cute about keeping me preoccupied and entertained. When we were sitting in the room alone waiting for the doctor, he kept dancing really silly and grabbing this thing to use as a microphone to pretend like he was singing along to the music. After a while, I was like, "I wouldn't be touching that if I were you." He goes, "What? It's just a flashlight." I said, "And what do you think they use the flashlight for?" It was attached to the bed, by a long bendy stick thing, that lets it curve around to the front of the chair. The look on his face was so funny. After that he kept singing into it, but he was careful not to touch it anymore. After the exam, Travis kept telling me how brave I was and that he was so proud of me. I don't know what's wrong with me... I couldn't stop crying. I was definitely not brave, but I think when Travis saw the tools they have to use for the exam he realized it wasn't so simple after all.
Dr. Jeppson said that because of my diabetes, he wants me to come into see him every week. I am really glad that he is going to be watching everything so close. He also said that they will be doing a lot more ultrasounds than they normally do with a pregnancy. I told him that is just fine with me. More opportunities to see our little baby! We heard the heartbeat again today. I really love that sound! Tomorrow is our first ultrasound. Just to check the size and dates and stuff. I am so excited!!! I'll let you know how it goes.
Travis is such a nerd. He knew I had been pretty nervous for this appointment. I know that all women have to go through it, but I really really REALLY dread the idea of someone poking around in my private parts. And rubbing all over my hoots! Travis is the only one that's supposed to be allowed to touch those! Anyway... Travis was really cute about keeping me preoccupied and entertained. When we were sitting in the room alone waiting for the doctor, he kept dancing really silly and grabbing this thing to use as a microphone to pretend like he was singing along to the music. After a while, I was like, "I wouldn't be touching that if I were you." He goes, "What? It's just a flashlight." I said, "And what do you think they use the flashlight for?" It was attached to the bed, by a long bendy stick thing, that lets it curve around to the front of the chair. The look on his face was so funny. After that he kept singing into it, but he was careful not to touch it anymore. After the exam, Travis kept telling me how brave I was and that he was so proud of me. I don't know what's wrong with me... I couldn't stop crying. I was definitely not brave, but I think when Travis saw the tools they have to use for the exam he realized it wasn't so simple after all.
Dr. Jeppson said that because of my diabetes, he wants me to come into see him every week. I am really glad that he is going to be watching everything so close. He also said that they will be doing a lot more ultrasounds than they normally do with a pregnancy. I told him that is just fine with me. More opportunities to see our little baby! We heard the heartbeat again today. I really love that sound! Tomorrow is our first ultrasound. Just to check the size and dates and stuff. I am so excited!!! I'll let you know how it goes.
6 comments:
Travis is poco loco, as my dad would say.
Oh Bree, everyone hates those exams. But next appointments will be so much better. It will just be to hear the baby's heart, check vital signs, urine and your diabetes. Then the last little while you'll get checked again. You'll be so excited about the baby being born and you'll develop a trust with your Dr. it will be totally different. It's weird you were there when you Aubrey was born and he was MY doctor. It's more weird that he is in your ward. Oh the joys!
oh my gosh lol i am dying from that picture of travis. That is hilarious. Yeah I hated that first appointment too! But like your mom said its usually just the first one and then the same ol same ol after that! But its still so fun and exciting!
I feel your pain A had to unclentch my fist's!!! I don't like being touched and I am so modest's it was a complete shock! I servived it twice and it was worth every moment of fist clenching!!! I am so glad that he is going to keep an extra special eye on you and the fact you get to see the baby all the time is amazing!!! I am so excited to hear about your ultra sound!!!
I can't even imagine. I freak out and am in tears for a quick annual check up in the "arDea". It always helps me to get a bikini wax the week before. ;-) Then it makes the appointment seem slightly less painful and awkward turtle since they aren't pouring hot wax and ripping off hai... Well you get what I'm saying. ;-) I'm glad your Travy was there making you smile. LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
This post was just plain hilarious!! I love the picture of Travis! I can see Cregg doing that . . . these wonderful husbands are so supportive. :) Oh, I hate those exams!! I don't think you stop hating them, you just get more used to them. At my first one, my blood pressure was a little high so the nurse came back in a did it at the end and it was normal . . . I said "I told you I was nervous!"
You know I didn't mind the appointments until the last couple of weeks because that is when he started doing the exams for dilation. NOT FUN AT ALL! But, that is nothing compared to giving natural birth. I found that to be the most embarassing thing in the world, especially when you have no control of your lower body because of the anthesia. Oh well, what can you do. LOL
Post a Comment