Sunday, December 7, 2008

I'm feeling a little nostalgic... Is that the right way to use that word?

I was going through some stuff downstairs at Mom and Dad's house this weekend. I was looking for something I want to put on mine and Travis' Christmas tree. I found a box of old pictures I had with me when I lived in Logan. I found some old ones of Mom. She is SO beautiful! I can hardly ever believe it when I see pictures of her. She is still so beautiful today. I just love these ones of her because there is such a sweet look of innocence in her face. I love you Mom!

On her wedding day... She is so beautiful!!!

Mom and Dad September 7, 1979

Mom with her Sister Letty... Nice legs! Ow Ow!!!

And then I stumbled upon some old ones of Anson and Aubrey. I started bawling. Literally. They are so cute! And so teeny. I think about those times and I really feel like they were just yesterday. Until I see the pictures. I don't know where the time is going. But I sure wish it would slow down!!! I love you Aubrey and Anson. So so so so much! You two are incredible! I couldn't have asked for a better little brother and sister.

These 2 are so cute! I can't believe how little they are in this picture.

Aubrey with Grandpa Call. Isn't she so pretty?

Dad reading us The Night Before Christmas.
We'll be doing this again soon you guys!!! (But with a few new additions!)

11 comments:

SAYDA said...

Boy, I sure was pretty! What happened? Thanks for sharing those pictures. I can't believe Anson and Aubrey were that little just 4 years ago. Wow!!! You were so cute crying downstairs when you were looking at those pictures. You sure have a tender heart. I love the one with dad reading "The Night Before Christmas."
I love that tradition that he has always shared with us. Love you Bree.
Mom

Richie said...

Thanks Bree. Mom, you're still just as beautiful. I wish dad still had that suit.

Yvonne said...

Thank you for sharing these pictures. I remember your Mom like that. She was so much fun, especially when she started driving she'd take me, Paul and Sandra out for ice cream at Sonic. When she worked for something like Texas Wildlife, I can't remember something with a refuge. ButIalways thought she was so brave because at the refuge there were snakes and at my age I thought there were bears too! But really she worked in the office, not even close to the refuge. It sure made it fun!

SAYDA said...

Bonnie, it was US Fish and Wildlife Refuge. It was my first job right after high school. Yes, I was in McAllen, in the office. The closest refuge was Santana Refuge, some where in the valley. I would go to the refuge once in a while to take the people that worked there some "steel toe" shoes, or uniforms, etc. How funny that you remember. No... there were no bears! I hope not!!! I also remember you making my Sweet 16 birthday cake. I have a picture of it. I know I've shared that story with Brianna. Remember the big party I threw myself that day?
Sayda

The Jones' said...

I love to hear about these memories! You are so cute Mom. And what do you mean, "what happened?" You're still a hottie! I love you Mom.

-Bree

SAYDA said...

Bree... what's going on?

Aubrey said...

Love you Bree!

SAYDA said...

Bree! I figured it out! Very mysterious.
Mom

The Jones' said...

I'm so glad! I was getting worried.

gizcallyomom said...

Nostalgic, yes, yes. Where does all the time go?!!!!!!!

Felicia said...

Look at your beautiful mom and your beautiful family. She still is BEAUTIFUL! And so are you. . . I had so much fun seeing you and Travis today, along with everyone else. Let's make sure to get together after Christmas. Tell your family all hi! I just love you, Bree.