Travis and I have been through a lot of name options for this sweet baby boy that will be joining us soon. And I do mean A LOT! There is one that has been on the list since the very beginning, we just haven't given it much thought. But for several weeks now it has been our favorite and Travis has been referring to him by this name. The name is....
Deacon Jones
We're still not completely decided on a middle name. Yates was officially out a long time ago. (Thank goodness!) And I really liked William for a long time, but I don't really like it with Deacon. So we're still thinking... I have always wanted to use Travis for his middle name from the beginning, but Travis doesn't really like his name. We're thinking of just using the letter T. So it would be Deacon T. Jones. And I kind of like the sound of that. Give me your opinion. I'd love to hear it, but only if it's an honest opinion.
I can't believe we only have 8 weeks left. It's crazy to think about how fast time is flying by. It seems like just yesterday I was waiting in the bathroom for the results from the pregnancy test. Gosh! And then I think about how fast these last 8 weeks have gone by, and it really freaks me out! It's really just around the corner! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little scared, but I'd also be lying if I said I wasn't SO EXCITED!!! I was never one of those girls in highschool that daydreamed about getting married. I never sat in class and doodled my name with other last names, but I DID sit in class and make lists of possible baby names. I have ALWAYS wanted to be a mother. And I am finally going to be one. I can't wait to meet our little boy. I am dying to see what he looks like. And I cannot wait to get to know his little personality. Travis has been feeling him kick a lot lately! He is starting to kick a lot more and A LOT harder. Sometimes I just lay in bed at night and it makes me laugh. It just feels so funny. I love him so much already and I havent' even seen him! I can only imagine the way I will feel when I finally get to hold him in my arms.
We have another ultrasound tomorrow. I am anxious to see how he is doing. Last time they told us that he is about 2 weeks ahead of schedule growth-wise. I have been working really hard to keep my sugars down as low as possible, so I am hoping his growth has slowed down so that I do not go into pre-term labor. I'm dying to meet him, but he needs to stay inside of me as long as possible so that he can develop as much as possible.
Deacon Jones
We're still not completely decided on a middle name. Yates was officially out a long time ago. (Thank goodness!) And I really liked William for a long time, but I don't really like it with Deacon. So we're still thinking... I have always wanted to use Travis for his middle name from the beginning, but Travis doesn't really like his name. We're thinking of just using the letter T. So it would be Deacon T. Jones. And I kind of like the sound of that. Give me your opinion. I'd love to hear it, but only if it's an honest opinion.
I can't believe we only have 8 weeks left. It's crazy to think about how fast time is flying by. It seems like just yesterday I was waiting in the bathroom for the results from the pregnancy test. Gosh! And then I think about how fast these last 8 weeks have gone by, and it really freaks me out! It's really just around the corner! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little scared, but I'd also be lying if I said I wasn't SO EXCITED!!! I was never one of those girls in highschool that daydreamed about getting married. I never sat in class and doodled my name with other last names, but I DID sit in class and make lists of possible baby names. I have ALWAYS wanted to be a mother. And I am finally going to be one. I can't wait to meet our little boy. I am dying to see what he looks like. And I cannot wait to get to know his little personality. Travis has been feeling him kick a lot lately! He is starting to kick a lot more and A LOT harder. Sometimes I just lay in bed at night and it makes me laugh. It just feels so funny. I love him so much already and I havent' even seen him! I can only imagine the way I will feel when I finally get to hold him in my arms.
We have another ultrasound tomorrow. I am anxious to see how he is doing. Last time they told us that he is about 2 weeks ahead of schedule growth-wise. I have been working really hard to keep my sugars down as low as possible, so I am hoping his growth has slowed down so that I do not go into pre-term labor. I'm dying to meet him, but he needs to stay inside of me as long as possible so that he can develop as much as possible.
8 comments:
Oh I love the name choice.... I have always loved William as well but I must say using just T as the middle name is wonderful... sounds so grown up and professional... We call my SIL T!!! It was easy for the kids when they couldn't say too much. GL I can't wait for your little guy to come...which means I will also be a first time aunt too! My SIL is due a week before you with a little girl!
I love him too and I haven't even met the little guy. I loved laying in bed with you today while he kicked. He sure was showing off for Grandma! Wasn't he? I love you so much and can't wait for the big day.
I love the name too Bree.
I love that name! I think have the T. as the middle name has a good ring to it too!! I love it! I was so glad I got to see you and your cute baby tummy! I can't wait to see what the little one looks like too. I would lay in bed some nights too just laughing cause I would almost be asleep then he would decide to start playing soccer in my tummy, lol I swear he was. He wouldn't stop!
Very cute name. I don't know if you know Jesse Jones (he was in my grade, his mom is Valarie that works at the tech center teaching the health occ. classes) but his name is Jesse DEACON JONES. Crazy! Its cute though!
Great pick! I'm sure when you meet him your heart will pick a perfect name for him! Although I didn't have a name for Joseph for three days! I had only picked girl names so I wasnt ready! I would call him Boy like from Tarzan & Jane! His full name is Joseph Edgar Cuellar, I thought of when he'd would get older and sign his name like J Edgar Hoover or his initials JEC nicely monogrammed. Silly stuff!
Bree-
I love that name! Very very cute and my honest opinion is Deacon Travis Jones..... but in the end it's totally up to you guys! There is sooo much anticipation that builds up when you are waiting to meet your little man- I remember wanting to just see what Kayson looked like and what his personality was going to be like it drove me crazy! I am sooo happy for you guys... you are going to be such a great mom! I can't wait to see him......
Congrats he is so cute I can't wait to see him Love, Kristi Jones
Post a Comment