Friday, May 8, 2009

Now a Tribute to you, my love.

Fairly recently, my mom added a post to her blog called, "A tribute to you, my love." It was all about my dad and how he is so strong. He truly is an amazing man. He has been incredible throughout this entire cancer ordeal. I can honestly say that I have only seen him down maybe twice through it all. Which is pretty darn good if you ask me... However, I really don't think my mom knows how incredibly strong she is herself. You cannot imagine what this woman goes through and puts up with. And she does it all with a smile on her face.

The other day my boss sent me halfway to Twin to meet someone from our Twin store so that we could do a pickup. She had me take her truck since my little car can't fit too much in it. As I was driving along I was listening to the radio. A country song came on by Craig Morgan. It's called Tough. Now I've always been an emotional wreck, but I have been EXTREMELY emotional lately. The littlest things seem to set me off, and before I know it I'm full out bawling. Like hysterically. I can't control it, and it's getting a little frustrating. Anyway, as I listened to this song, I couldn't help but think of my mother. It doesn't fit her perfectly, but it's really really close. Obviously, she's not my wife, but I think you'll get the picture. There's also a part where it talks about her getting cancer and being sick. That hasn't happened to her, but we've been through a very similar situation. And she danced through it in a very similar fashion. Here are the lyrics...

Tough by Craig Morgan
She’s in the kitchen at the crack of dawn
Bacon’s on, coffee’s strong
Kids running wild, taking off their clothes
If she’s a nervous wreck, well it never show.
Takes one to football and one to dance
Hits the Y for aerobics class
Drops by the bank, stops at the store
Has on a smile when I walk through the door
The last to go to bed, she’ll be the first one up
And I thought I was tough
Chorus
She’s strong, pushes on, can’t slow her down
She can take anything life dishes out
There was a time
Back before she was mine
When I thought I was tough
We sat there five years ago
The doctors let us know, the test showed
She’d have to fight to live, I broke down and cried
She held me and said it’s gonna be alright
She wore that wig to church
Pink ribbon pinned there on her shirt
No room for fear, full of faith
Hands held high singing Amazing Grace
Never once complained, refusing to give up
And I thought I was tough
Chorus
She’s strong, pushes on, can’t slow her down
She can take anything life dishes out
There was a time
Back before she was mine
When I thought I was tough
She’s a gentle word, the sweetest kiss
A velvet touch against my skin
I’ve seen her cry, I’ve seen her break
But in my eyes, she’ll always be strong
There was a time
Back before she was mine
When I thought I was tough

So here I am, driving this huge truck down the old highway, tears streaming down my face. If anyone would have passed me, they probably would have thought something was seriously wrong. Mom's not perfect, she's terrible when it comes to any kind of electronc device. Sometimes I roll my eyes when she asks for help with the computer. But she learns more and more everyday. She's even taught me a thing or two lately. I love and respect my mother so much. I can't believe how strong she is. I want to be just like her! I want my kids to feel the same way about me as I do about her. I watch her with my siblings, I see the way she takes care of my dad. Whenever I'm feeling stressed, or confused, or worried, or just a little blue she just has a way of saying exactly what I need to hear. Sometimes it's just a touch, a glance, or a little kiss goodnight. My mom is an amazing woman. I truly admire her. I like the line where it says, "...last to go to bed, she'll be the first one up." That's Mom. She always makes sure everything is done and taken care of. She takes care of EVERYONE before herself.

Thank you Mom. For teaching me, for encouraging me, for protecting me, for putting up with me, and for just loving me. You have always made me feel so special and like I was worth so much. You are my best friend and I love you.

8 comments:

SAYDA said...

Wow! Guess who was bawling this time. I don't think I deserve that, but if you feel that way about me that's great. You are awesome! AND you... little lady are just about perfect in my eyes.I'd say perfect, but I think only our older brother was perfect. You are a saint sweetheart.

Chrislynn said...

What a great tribute to an amazing woman. Your mom is pretty awesome!

SAYDA said...

Happy Mother's Day to be my love.
Mom

Walker Family said...

I love this you are such a great woman Bree your parents did such a wonderful job. I love how much your mom means to you all moms deserve to hear it!!! I hope this finds you and baby doing well!
♥
A

Ryan, Erica & Sam said...

You're going to be a wondeful mom, Bree. We love you so much. You are so special.

Love,
Erica

Yvonne said...

Gee and I thought I was the only that noticed how wonderful she is! She is an example to all of us as a wife and a mother!

P.S. Your a special daughter!

Sandra said...

Hi Bree, I hadn't had my comp for about 3 mo...I'm back....I was reading some of your blog and I agree with you about the song and about your mom. I'v always told her that Dick & her are great parents. I say it to everyone that your family is the ideal family. Your mom is a great example to all of us. Yes I'm bawling as I type this. I also agree with your mom. You are a great person, so beautiful inside and out. Yes you are going to be a great mom and your kids will love you just like you love your mom. I've always loved u and your family in a very very special way don't every forget that I love u so much. In my eyes I still see u as a little girl.I love you guys so much and wish I could be there to be part of your life and caring for your baby.I sure do miss you guys....Enjoy your nights for it will never be the same again. Sorry, but it is true......

Yvonne said...

You're invited to Photo Friday!