We always take Deacon's monthly pictures next to this bear so that we can compare how much he is growing. The first 4 months he sat very still and didn't touch the bear. This time was another story! He just wanted to play with him! So cute!
Hello everyone! It has been quite a while since I have done an update on Deacon. I missed his 4 month update all together, and now he is 5 months! Closing in on 5 1/2 actually! My oh my....
Some of Deacon's new developments:
He LOVES baby food! Deacon is such a good eater! He always has been, but now that we are trying new things he is even better! It's so funny. Every time we try something new he lets it sit in his mouth for a few seconds, and then he gives the biggest, cheesiest grin! I always say, "Do you like it?" and then after the smile I say, "I'll take that as a yes!"
He really enjoys walks! He likes to look around and check out the environment around him, but he usually falls asleep before we make it home.
He is sleeping MUCH better at night. He still doesn't make it completely through the night in his crib, but I'll be honest I love snuggling with him in my bed! I know I should really try and enforce the crib, but it's so hard when his crib is in the same room as me. (We've got to move into a 2 bedroom home soon!) And to be quite honest, I sleep SO much better when he is with me.
Deacon is getting so big! Baby clothes varies so much in size, but usually the outfits I put him in are 12 months. He can still wear a few 6-9 month outfits, but then the other day he was styling the cutest 18 month outfit for church. And it fit him great! At his 4 month check up he weighed 20 pounds and measured 27 inches long. I'm so anxious to see what he will be at his 6 month check up...
He smiles a lot! And is starting to jabber quite a bit. He also has these funny moods when he just wants to sit/lay quietly and just kind of scope things out. He is a really calm boy. I find it very strange sometimes.
Oh! The other day I was changing his diaper, and he started to pee. Which isn't very unusual, but this time he started to laugh! He totally new what he was doing! I was thinking, aren't you a little young to be playing these tricks on me? What a stinker!
Deacon is such a happy boy! And he brings so much joy into our lives. I can't imagine life without him. I really can't. I hope and pray that he will always be as happy as he is. I love his funny laugh and his big smile. He makes me feel like I am doing a good job as a mother.
p.s. I will post some more current pictures soon. I promise!
Some of Deacon's new developments:
He LOVES baby food! Deacon is such a good eater! He always has been, but now that we are trying new things he is even better! It's so funny. Every time we try something new he lets it sit in his mouth for a few seconds, and then he gives the biggest, cheesiest grin! I always say, "Do you like it?" and then after the smile I say, "I'll take that as a yes!"
He really enjoys walks! He likes to look around and check out the environment around him, but he usually falls asleep before we make it home.
He is sleeping MUCH better at night. He still doesn't make it completely through the night in his crib, but I'll be honest I love snuggling with him in my bed! I know I should really try and enforce the crib, but it's so hard when his crib is in the same room as me. (We've got to move into a 2 bedroom home soon!) And to be quite honest, I sleep SO much better when he is with me.
Deacon is getting so big! Baby clothes varies so much in size, but usually the outfits I put him in are 12 months. He can still wear a few 6-9 month outfits, but then the other day he was styling the cutest 18 month outfit for church. And it fit him great! At his 4 month check up he weighed 20 pounds and measured 27 inches long. I'm so anxious to see what he will be at his 6 month check up...
He smiles a lot! And is starting to jabber quite a bit. He also has these funny moods when he just wants to sit/lay quietly and just kind of scope things out. He is a really calm boy. I find it very strange sometimes.
Oh! The other day I was changing his diaper, and he started to pee. Which isn't very unusual, but this time he started to laugh! He totally new what he was doing! I was thinking, aren't you a little young to be playing these tricks on me? What a stinker!
Deacon is such a happy boy! And he brings so much joy into our lives. I can't imagine life without him. I really can't. I hope and pray that he will always be as happy as he is. I love his funny laugh and his big smile. He makes me feel like I am doing a good job as a mother.
p.s. I will post some more current pictures soon. I promise!

7 comments:
What a cutie! That's a great idea to have pictures of him each month next to the same bear.
oh, he is to die for!! I wish Vev loved food!! You are so lucky! I bet you love kissing all those rolls. I am beginning to wonder if Veva will ever hit 20 lbs., maybe if she learns to love food.
He is such a big boy! You forgot to add that he just loves his grama.
Bree!! He is so cute!! I hope you are loving life as a mother--I bet you are just the best mom! I hope things are going well.
Hey Brianna! Glad you found my blog :) Wow, has it really been 5 months?! What a cutie!! Glad to hear that everything is going well for you guys.
I love you!
HOLY COW. Can I just steal this cute little boy?? I can't believe he is so big! I've said it before, but he is just the most beautiful combination of you and Travis. I hope I get to see you sometime soon because I MISS YOU, Bree!!
Post a Comment