The other day I was at work and this young mother came in with 2 little boys. She was looking for a new pair of walking shoes. She was pregnant, and it seemed to me that she had her hands pretty full with these other 2 boys. They were REALLY cute, and really excited. The oldest of the two couldn't have been over 4. Well she didn't find anything she liked, so after a little while they left. A couple of hours later she came back in with the older boy. I asked her if she needed help finding anything and she said, "No, I just need to pay for 2 packs of Quench Gum." I said "Ok, they're up front, let me get you some." She looked a little embarrassed and said, "No, I don't need to buy any, I just need to pay for them. I found them in his pocket when we got home." Keep in mind the little boy is looking at the floor the whole time... She turned to him and said, "What are you going to tell her?" The little boy whispered something I couldn't hear and his mom told him to say it again louder. He threw his little arms up in the air and in a very exasperated voice said, "I'm sorry I taked-ed them, ok?" I couldn't help hide my smile. I said, "That's alright, but don't do it again, ok?" His mom said, "You're just lucky she doesn't throw your little butt in jail." He goes, "Ya... cause I don't want to turn into a skeleton and die." Then he walked to the front of the store and waited for his mom to finish. Oh my gosh! It was the funniest thing. I'm still really curious as to what his mother told him to make him think he might turn into a skeleton and die. I guess I'll never know...
4 comments:
That is the cutest story in the world.Ilove you and miss you. Take care of my babies.
Love you and miss you so, so much. Thanks for everything sweet Bree.
Just wanted to leave a comment because mom says I never do.
I love you peluca.
DAD
lol!! that is hilarious!!!
Post a Comment