Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Deacon's First Haircut

Deacon's hair has been getting pretty long. I have been waiting to get it cut because I was afraid he just wasn't quite big enough yet, and that he wouldn't be able to hold still. But I'll let you in on a little secret... the real reason I have been putting it off is that I don't want Deacon to grow up! He is changing so much every single day! I wanted to hang on to one of the things that makes him a little more "baby-ish." I was afraid that when he got his first haircut, he would look less like a baby and more like a kid, and boy... was I right. 
(Just wait for the pictures...)

Today I planned Deacon's nap around his hair appointment. When he woke up I got him dressed.  I decided it was a Big Day, so he should wear something special. I put him in a little polo onesie, (One of the last few onesies that fit him.) his new jeans, and a little tie (that we found at the D.I. for a costume party, but ended up loving!) He was so cute! He totally knew it was all about him! He sat in his car seat, very quiet, just munching on an apple slice.  Mom and I went to pick up Sis from work so she could witness the excitement that was Deacon's first haircut. When we got to the salon Deacon was very excited. Grandma had prepped him before hand. She showed him how Jill was going to wrap a cape around him, wet, comb, and cut his hair.  Then she told him Jill would blow dry his hair too. He loves having his hair blow dried! It's so funny. Anytime he sees one of us pull out the blow dryer, straightener, or brush, Deacon points to his head and says, "Uh...Uh...Uh..." That means he wants you to do it to him too. What a crack up!

Jill asked us if we wanted him to sit in the chair alone, or if I wanted to hold him. We thought we'd try letting him sit alone, at least for a few pictures. Well it turned out he sat very good through the whole thing! He was such a good boy! I was so proud of him, and Jill was very impressed.  She kept saying, "I can't believe how good he's being." She said normally they start crying as soon as you put the cape on them. But Deacon loved the whole experience! She had to give him a little candy to keep him entertained. He kept wanting to watch in the mirror.  So he ended up with candy in one hand and a comb of his own in the other.  So here's lots of pictures... Enjoy!


The Before Picture

Wearing his little cape

Jill has done my hair before and given Deacon fun snacks, so they're old friends.

He is such a ham!

Jill was just cracking up the whole time

Chubby fingers! Notice the Hershey Bar...

Munching on candy kept him extra still





I love those ears!

And a Twizzler

What a poser!

I love that chubby lip!

Deacon's facial expressions crack me up!

Blow drying his hair

Here is the back view... Right here he was telling Jill he needed more blow dryer.



Deacon LOVED his hair!

Blowing kisses to Grandma!

He really likes Jill!

Headed home after a big day! He was such a good boy! Doesn't he look so much older?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness bree! That licorice picture had me rolling. LOL. He is such a ham. I can't believe he is one! Such a handsome little guy.

t.m. said...

Oh Bree, he is so precious! I have been wanting to get vev a hair cut, shape up her curly locks a bit, but i am worried about how she will do. I don't think she would be as content

SAYDA said...

He was amazingly good! I couldn't believe my eyes! What a wonderful thing to witness. His first haircut. Don't forget Jill gave Aubrey her first haircut too.

Alyssa Warner said...

He is seriously such a stud. He does look older with his cute haircut. I love it, I don't think I knew you had a blog till you posted on mine. Now I can keep tabs on you...hehe. Hope all is well, I love your little boy even though I've never met him.
(:

Chrislynn said...

He is so cute! I love the 12-18 month stage! And don't worry, little boys just get cuter and more fun the older they get.

Taryn said...

What a cutie! that's awesome he was so brave. btw i am soo happy you are blogging again!

Jill said...

Yay glad to see you back on here! And Deacon is so cute I can't even stand it! What a stud!

Dani said...

Wow, he looks like a little man now - especially with the tie :) What a cutie!! It's so fun to see how he's grown every month over the last year. Fun pics!